Project created by Tanti Lina
I thought this was quite a fun piece to do for an adventurous bride…or maybe…prom?
- 5-7 stems Leatherleaf Ferns
- 2-3 Small Stems Variegated Pittosporum
- 1 HEAD Pom Pom (but the bigger head one, not Kermit/Yoko Ono – I can’t remember the name at the moment…)
- 1 pc Fun, colored button
- 2 pcs Corsage Pins
- Thin Headband (the one that Iused here is the “grecian goddess” style headband, the one with two “rows”)
- 1 pc of Small Craft Plastic Cylinder Canvas/Mat (you can get this from Jo Ann Fabrics by the button area)
- Thin Wire (Jewelry Wire is OK)
- Oasis Floral Glue
- Prep all the materials first… Pick smaller and different length branches from each leatherleaf fern stems.
- Pick the bigger leaves from each Var. Pittosporum stems – this will be used as the base.
- Pick the smaller leaves from the Var. Pittosporum for the top inserts.
- Pick the nicest looking bloom from the Pom Pom and cut it flush so it’s flat on the bottom.
- Building the base: Attach the cylinder canvas/mat onto the headband by weaving the wires through as if you’re sewing this in. I don’t have any specific method, I just weave the wires through the cylinder holes and make sure the wire loops around the headband. I place the mat to the side, because I like the look to be like that. But you can place it wherever you feel like.
- When the base is securely attached, you then glue the bigger var. pitts leaves on to the matt clock wise – to make sure all the mat is covered.
- Then glue the Leatherleaf ferns on in a “layered” fashion.
- Once all the ferns are on, insert the smaller var. pitts in the spots that you see fit.
- Glue the pom pom head on the center.
- Glue the fun button.
- Pin the corsage pins through the button holes.
- Spray the whole thing with finishing spray.