Project created by Tanti Lina
OK, so the title is a little lame, but the truth is when I thought of this design, I did think that the leatherleaf ferns can look sorta kinda like “snowflakes”.
- 20 stems of Leatherleaf Ferns
- 12 stems Dark Purple Button Mums
- Design Master “French Blue” Color Paint
- Design Master “Basil” Color Paint
- 20″w x 17″l Canvas (regular painting canvas from local arts and craft stores)
- Spray Glue
- Oasis Floral Glue
- I spray painted the white canvas with “French Blue” and “Basil”colors randomly. The goal is to have a colored background vs plain white.
- Then I sprayed the spray glue randomly to create textures.
- I also spray painted 10 of the leatherleaf ferns in “French Blue”.
- For each “snowflake”: I chose smaller branches from each fern, assembled/placed them clockwise. I did all the green first, and then inserted the blue ones in between (just as an accent). Each fern is attached to the canvas with the Oasis floral glue.
- The final step is to place one head of the Button Mum (cut the stem “flush” so it has a flat base) on the center of the “snowflake”.
- Repeat the above steps for the remaining area of the canvas.