We can enjoy our garden with more than just our eyes. Let’s use dianthus in this delicious Pink Rosé Wine Cake! It’s Delicious and flower filled!
Dianthus are easy to grow- and they come in lots of colors- as a child- I thought carnations (a form of dianthus) smelled good enough to eat- and it’s true- their slightly sweet natural taste is a great addition to this dessert cake! Dianthus blooms can be used as garnish too… to make the presentation even more flowery!
Pink Rosé Wine Cake
1/2 cup Butter (I prefer President salted butter) Softened
3/4 cup of Organic Kane Sugar
1 1/2 cups Organic White Flour (you may substitute Organic whole wheat for a more robust cake)
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pink Himalayan Salt – finely ground
2 Large Eggs
2 Teaspoons Organic Vanilla Extract
2/3 Cup Rosé Wine
1 1/2 Cups Marinated Cherries (you may substitute Fresh Michigan Cherries when available)
1/2 Cup Fresh Organic Dianthus Petals (remove the calyx- and separate petals- using Colorful Petals will enhance the cake’s appearance) – Reserve a few perfect Dianthus blossoms for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F – Line a 9 inch pie plate or cake pan with parchment paper and coat with non-stick spray (I prefer Organic Avocado Oil Spray or Organic Coconut Oil Spray)
2. Combine Butter and Sugar in a mixing bowl- and mix until light and fluffy – about 3-5 Minutes
3. Add eggs one at time to mixture- making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next egg.
4. Add Vanilla to Butter/Sugar/Egg Mixture- until all are fully incorporated.
5. Combine Flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder, and Salt in a separate bowl- and mix together to ensure distribution- gently fold dianthus petals into flower mixture- carefully to be sure they are not damaged.
6. Combine Flour Mixture and Wine into Butter mixture- adding 1/3 of each at a time- while mixing… when all items are combined- turn off the mixture and fold in the Cherries.
7. Pour batter into bake on center rack of 350˚F Oven until toothpick comes out clean- when place into the center of the cake- approximately 45 minutes.
8. Remove Parchment and serve warm- garnish with Dianthus Blooms. Rosé infused Whipped Cream is another wonderful addition. Cake can be stored for 3-4 days!