Project created by Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood
Whip up some of these wrapped trees to add some holiday cheer to your home or office this holiday season. These trees go together fast, so they make for a fun last-minute project for the whole family…
- Cardboard cone (Get one from crafty friend who buys yarn on cones, or purchase an empty cone at your local craft store.)
- Yarn, fabric or ribbon in color of your choice (Ribbon and fabric strips measuring a half inch to 2 inches wide work well for this project. The wider the strip, the faster the project will go.)
- Glue gun or double sized tape
- Straight pins
- Holiday confetti (stars, candy candy, snowflakes, etc.)
- Floral wire
- Tack hammer (optional, but useful if you’re planning to make several trees)
Wrap your tree
- Poke the end of your yarn, fabric or ribbon into the top of the cone and use glue or a piece of double sided tape to secure.
- Begin wrapping and continue until the entire surface of the cone is covered. Feel free to add glue or tape along the way to secure the wrap as you go.
- When you finish wrapping, cut the end about four inches from the bottom of the cone and use glue or tape to secure the end to the inside of the cone.
- Poke straight pins through the center of about a dozen pieces of confetti and then poke them into the wrapped cone to look like ornaments.
- If you want to embellish even more, wrap the cone with floral wire.
The embellishment possibilities are endless. Experiment with your favorite yarns, fabrics, ribbons, wires, beads and whatever else you can think of to make your own collection of one-of-a-kind trees! Happy holidays!!