This Cocktail recipe was shared with me- by my Bartender Friend- Mike Sasse- from Top of the World- in Walt Disney World… Mike showed me this wonderful presentation- and gave me a few pointers- to get the Rainbow Shots to turn out – Magical each time!
It takes a bit of practice- and don’t get discouraged- because Practice truly does make perfect!
Here’s the Recipe for Rainbow Shots… give it a try-
- 1 oz. (30ml) Grenadine
- 3 oz. (90ml) Sweet & Sour Mix
- 1 oz. (30ml) Orange Juice
- 2 oz. (60ml) Vodka
- 3/4 oz. (22ml) Blue Curasao
- In a shaking tin, pour in grenadine.
- Gently add ice so as not to splash the grenadine.
- Using a spoon slowly layer on sweet & sour mix, orange juice and vodka respectively.
- Pour in blue curaçao. (The blue curacao will sink right away, so be ready to pour right away!)
- Carefully strain the mix into your shot glasses – carefully follow your line of shot glasses!
The take you see on the show- was my 2nd On Camera try- and I practiced it a couple times before trying it on the camera…
but if you want to see the REAL Expert- Belly up to Mike’s Bar at Top of the World and ask him to do the rainbow shots! It’s a Treat!