Flower Field Flatbread- #Recipe in Bloom
Let’s create a Flower Field Flatbread with ingredients that create a visual flower field. The Flatbread becomes a canvas- and our organic vegetables and herbs become our flower palette for this decorative and inspired dinner dish.
First- let’s talk about flatbread- I’m all about making things easy- and realizing that we all love a shortcut- I’m supplying a link for flatbread shortcut I used- if you are so inclined… (You can make your own- That would be terrific) but I found out the Chebe Company- and that they had an easy mix… and a recipe that inspired me… so here you go!
Flower Field Flatbread Prep Time 30 mins Cook Time 25 mins Servings: 8 slices
- 1 pkg (7.5 oz) Chebe Focaccia Mix (or other savory Chebe mix)
- 1 or 2 oz Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated (you may use dairy free cheese or omit)
- 4 Tbsp milk or milk substitute
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or other cooking oil)
Toppings certainly vary- and you can do all kinds of things with all these different kinds of vegetables- and herbs- they provide a wonderful palette- and I share different techniques in the show. There’s an amazing collection of flower inspired flatbreads on Pinterest as well… you’ll be blown away- by the wonderful inspiration- so check that out too…
Olive oil Black olives Arugula Green Olives Cherry tomatoes Chives Basil Mini Bell Peppers Green onions Parsley Dill Mushrooms
Bell Peppers Rosemary
Coarse salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Prepare the veggies and herbs for your “Flower Field Flatbread”. Set aside.
- Prepare the Chebe dough according to package directions.
- Flatten the dough to a rectangle of about 12” x 9”.
- With the tips of your fingers, make dimples /depressions in the dough.
- Brush with olive oil and decorate your garden with the herbs and vegetables.
- Sprinkle the top with the coarse salt.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Be sure to take pics before you eat your masterpiece and share them with me at J@ubloom.com