Flower Cocktail Hour- Punch with Flower Filled Ice
Here’s a fun way to dress up any punch is with flower-filled ice … today we’ll accent this punch and the punch bowl with Flowers around and inside the punch bowl!
Recipe for this Punch Bowl Ice Decoration:
It’s simple and easy to make an Ice Form Filled with Flowers- using these simple tricks:
1. Always use Organic Flowers- you can purchase these at specialty grocers- or grow them in your own garden so you can govern them – and ensure they are organic
2. Here’s a list of the flowers and foliage I used in this Ice Form:
Lavender, Basil, Dianthus, Marigolds, Zinnias, Gomphrena, Ageraturm, Cosmos, Pansies …
You could also use Mint, Roses or Rose Petals, Salvia, Herbs, Sweet Peas, Snapdragons- or other edible flowers!
3. Flowers Float- so I poured a thin layer of pineapple juice into a glass pie plate (approximately 1/2 inch)… and then placed my flowers so – they sat in the juice- and then put the entire pie plate- juice, flowers and all into the freezer- and let it freeze for about 2 hours…
4. Then I quickly removed it- and filled the pie plate with more pineapple juice- and put it back into the freezer immediately- the frozen ice- keeps the flowers in place- and then you freeze it a second time- for 2-8 hours… it can stay in the freezer until you’re ready to put it into the punch!
5. Mix up your punch- and then get the pie plate out of the freezer- set the pie plate in another pan- filled with warm water- NOT TOO HOT- you don’t want to break the pie plate- you just want the ice to melt away from the pie plate a little- so you can move the frozen form to the punch bowl…
6. One side will be prettier- usually the side that was adhered to the pie plate- place it that side UP- into the punch- and you’re ready to serve! ENJOY!
Here’s a Recipe for an EASY To make Punch- that looks great with the Flower Filled Ice – It’s the one that I used in this episode of
Life in Bloom Punch Recipe:
Combine equal parts of Prosecco and Fresh Pineapple Juice
Add Fresh Squeezed Lemon or Local Honey to adjust the flavor- I used both- it’s amazing how both flavors combine so well!
And if you want to make your punch- non-alcoholic- use Sparking apple juice or Sparkling Water (Flavored or Otherwise)
Here’s a couple other links- for fund Flower Filled Ice Forms! Enjoy!