Recipe In Bloom : Turkey Noodle Ring
Today I’m going to share with you want may be my most favorite recipe ever – Turkey Noodle Ring. Whenever my Mother in law makes this for me, it definitely takes me to my happy place!
My Mother-in-law makes this every year- after I put up her Christmas tree following Thanksgiving- so she uses left over turkey- but today I use Chicken- you can do whatever you wish. The recipe is from an Old Betty Crocker Picture Cook Book… It goes something like this…
- 3 Eggs, Slightly beaten (be sure to just beat them slightly… just letting you know)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 3/4 cup of Milk
- 1 tbspn. Butter, melted
- drained hot boilded noodles (10-12 oz uncooked) …
- Place in well butterred 10″ ring mold. Set in pan of water (1″ deep).
- Bake until silver knife stuck into center comes out clean.
- Unmold, fill center with hot creamed Chicken (or Turkey see above)… Or sea food (I’ve never done this… WOW!)
- Serve Immediately.
Temperature: 350˚ (moderate oven)
Time: Bake 45 minutes
Amount: 6-8 Servings…
To make the white sauce for the Chicken or Turkey I follow this recipe:
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 4 Tablespoons Butter ( I prefer President Butter- it’s from France)…
- 4 Tablespoons Flour-
Heat over medium heat- continuously stirring until it thickens- add Chicken- (or Turkey) and pour into the center of the unmolded noodle ring…
ENJOY- you can thank me later- this is literally my FAVORITE Dish on the Planet… just sayin!!!