My Friend Kim Carson- helped us create the PILOT for J Schwanke’s Life in Bloom- we filmed this in August of 2016… and Kim was so great- she brought 2 recipes- we featured her Mango Avocado Tomato Salad Recipe in the Pilot and Episode 101 of J Schwanke’s Life in Bloom… and this Brussel Sprout Recipe- was left on the cutting room floor… UNTIL Today!
We’re starting a NEW Series- called “Behind the Bloom” – and this allows us to share some of the NEVER before seen footage- or excepts, gaffs or out-takes that may have never seen the light of day!
Today’s Recipe- Brussel Sprouts a l’Orange – is a delicious and simple Recipe for those watching calories or looking for a vegan alternative! Kim is so much fun- and you can try this fun recipe out for yourself!
Brussel Sprouts a l’Orange from Kim Carson
12 – 15 Brussel Sprouts
Can of Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate (No Sugar added)
Prep time- about 15 Minutes… Enjoy!
- Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half and place into a Food Processor
- Pulse the Brussel Sprouts until they are finely chopped- Pulse the Processor so they don’t liquify!
- Spread the finely chopped Brussel Sprouts on a Hot Plate coated with Coconut Oil…(or you can use a frying pan on medium heat)
- Heat and Brown the Brussel Sprouts- for about 7-10 minutes…
- Add 3 Heaping tablespoons of Orange Juice Concentrate (Still frozen) to the Sprouts on the Grill/Frying Pan and mix together until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve while warm.
Garnish with Nasturtium Flowers or Organic Flower Blooms.