Making Elderflower Elixir with GUEST Taryn Nance
J visits with Taryn Nance who has enthusiasm for integrating herbs as a healing way of life, specifically Elderberries and various product made from them including syrup, tea, and even gummies. Taryn shares these simple steps- and her expert advice for creating your own delicious elderberry syrup! 4 Simple ingredients create the Elderberry Syrup- Elderberries, Cinnamon Sticks, Fresh Ginger and Cloves- there’s a few other secrets- that Taryn shares- and expert tips- (Watch Episode 401 – Flower Care for all the details here!)
Questions – can we harvest/forage with Taryn? Can Taryn show how she makes some of her offerings – syrup or gummies? Discuss her upbringing – holistic, alternative and natural healing and how it informs her hobby-turned-business.
Visit Taryn’s Website- Holistic Joy and get your very own- Home Crafted Elderberry Products and More! https://www.holisticjoy.net/about
It’s a fun visit with J and his friend Taryn- who happens to make Elderberry Syrup…Taryn teaches J – the simple steps to create your own elderberry syrup- (OR Visit Taryn’s Website- www.HolisticJoy.net – for elderberry kits for creating your own syrup- and elderberry syrup- sugar free syrup, gummies, lotions and cremes.
J shares the following questions with Taryn- and they discuss all things flowers and elderberry… Watch the episode to find out the answer to these questions and more!
1. How did you start making Elderberry Syrup?
2. How did you develop an interest in Holistic Practices? Herbal Remedies? – I’d like to bring in your dad being a Holistic Vet – if we can … just a good side story
3. What else do you make- (Hope to talk about the Gummis, the Lotions, etc…
4. Can we forage our own Elderberries? Any hints, tips or suggestions on foraging ,where, when to find them…
5. This is your hobby- but you’re actually an Archeologist… tell me more…
I have a stock question- I would say to you… “Why did you decide to make Elderberry Syrup?- Why not be a Lawyer, or an Astronaut or Archeologist?” and then you say… actually.. hehehe
6. What’s your favorite flower?
7. What’s your first (or Favorite) Memory of Flowers?